||The Spring Torque Tester
The Secure Pak Spring Torque Tester is designed to control cap tightness an essential factor in bottling operations:
- When caps are not applied tightly enough, leakage or evaporation of product may occur.
- When caps are applied too tightly, molded closures may be susceptible to breakage, or the caps may be difficult to remove.
Secure Pak Spring Torque Testers are available in two different models:
- The MR model has an indicator on the removal side only.
- The MRA model has indicators on both the removal and application sides.
Both the MR and MRA models are available in the following standard ranges:
- 0-25 inch lbs., which reads in 1 inch lb. increments
- 0-50 inch lbs., which reads in 2 inch lb. increments
- 0-100 inch lbs., which reads in 5 inch lb. increments
- 0-150 inch lbs., which reads in 10 inch lb. increments
Special order ranges are available:
- 0-2 inch lbs., which reads in 0.1 inch lb. increments
- 0-5 inch lbs., which reads in 0.2 inch lb. increments
- 0-10 inch lbs., which reads in 0.5 inch lb. increments
The Secure Pak Spring Torque Testers have an accuracy of ±4% of full scale or reading.
Spring Torque Testers are shipped approximately one to two weeks after receipt of firm order. We ship standard UPS unless otherwise specified by customer. The Spring Torque Tester is shipped double-wrapped and double-boxed for maximum protection.
- Net weight of tester: 12 lbs.
- Shipping information: 15 lbs., 19 ½" x 11 ½" x 5 ¾"
For an upcharge, we can furnish these testers with a Teflon finish on all exposed metal parts. This provides a hard, wear-resistant, anti-stick, permanently lubricated surface that will resist chipping, cracking, flaking, and peeling. This Teflon coating will protect the tester from damage by most chemicals, ingredients, and solvents.
We sell Calibration Kits, or we calibrate and repair testers when they are shipped to us at Secure Pak, 720 Illinois Avenue, Suite D, Maumee, Ohio, 43537, along with a letter of instruction requesting the work.